Norden Arms listed for bargain sale price of just £75,000
Date published: 31 January 2019
The Norden Arms was listed for just a fraction of the intended asking price via RightMove
Local gastropub, the Norden Arms was accidentally listed online for a bargain sale price of just £75,000 on Tuesday (29 January).
However, those looking for a bargain would have had to be quick, as the mistake was quickly rectified and the intended asking price corrected to £750,000.
Freeholder of the premises, Edward Smethurst, decided to sell the renowned eatery last year to focus on his other business interests, as then-proprietor, Michael Stewart, planned to move to a new venture in High Crompton.
The local estate agent bought the business, previously known as Italian restaurant Osteria, trading from the former Blue Ball pub premises in late January 2017, realising a lifelong dream of running his own pub and restaurant.
Estate agent Christie & Co did not respond to an invitation to comment.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Children’s ‘retro arcade’ plan given the green light
- 2Middleton takeaway wins two awards at first-ever English Asian Food Awards 2019
- 3Safe fished out of Rochdale canal reunited with owner a decade after being stolen in armed robbery
- 4What 2019/20 budget will mean for Rochdale
- 5Voltalab - The hidden gem of Rochdale’s music history