Whitworth left without water twice in one day after water mains burst
Date published: 06 February 2019
United Utilities logo
Update 6 February: Another leak on Millfold, Whitworth has been reported this morning at 6am.
As of 10.20am United Utilities has confirmed that engineers have been on site to inspect the leak. They have now left the site to collect further equipment necessary to complete the repairs to the burst water main.
A statement from the water supplier said: "Engineers should be back on site as quickly as they can to continue with the works. We're sorry for the continued disruption and we'll try and get things back to normal as soon as we can."
A number of properties in Whitworth were left without water twice on Tuesday (5 February) after a water leak and burst main on Millfold.
The first leak, was repaired at around lunchtime. However, as of 4.35pm the same day, United Utilities has confirmed engineers are back on site for repairs.
A statement from the water supplier said: "You may be experiencing poor pressure or no water. A burst water main has been located on Millfold, following an earlier repair. A team of engineers are on site carrying out the necessary repair.
"We apologise for any inconvenience this may be causing and thank you for your continued patience today."
For updates, visit:
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Further arrests following Greave Avenue 'disturbance'
- 2Police investigating the sale of dangerous fake-vaping products have raided two businesses in...
- 3Former Rochdale council leader Richard Farnell is understood to have quit the Labour Party
- 4Old Middleton, NUDE Middleton: group launches charity calendar
- 5Rochdale in Bloom dream of gold as they prepare to welcome RHS judges