FirstGroup reportedly to sell Greater Manchester bus division
Date published: 06 February 2019
Transport operator FirstGroup is reportedly considering selling its Greater Manchester bus division.
According to The Daily Telegraph, hundreds of buses across three depots in Bury, Oldham and Bolton, will be sold to rival operators in a ‘cut-price deal.’
First Greater Manchester is one of the largest bus operators in the region, with local services running right across the borough.
First refused to comment on the claims, adding that the entire business portfolio is constantly reviewed.
A First Bus spokesperson said: "We don’t comment on market rumours or speculation. We keep all bus services, depots and the business portfolio under constant review so we can be responsive to changes in market conditions.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Further arrests following Greave Avenue 'disturbance'
- 2Police investigating the sale of dangerous fake-vaping products have raided two businesses in...
- 3Former Rochdale council leader Richard Farnell is understood to have quit the Labour Party
- 4Old Middleton, NUDE Middleton: group launches charity calendar
- 5Rochdale in Bloom dream of gold as they prepare to welcome RHS judges