FirstGroup reportedly to sell Greater Manchester bus division
Date published: 06 February 2019
Transport operator FirstGroup is reportedly considering selling its Greater Manchester bus division.
According to The Daily Telegraph, hundreds of buses across three depots in Bury, Oldham and Bolton, will be sold to rival operators in a ‘cut-price deal.’
First Greater Manchester is one of the largest bus operators in the region, with local services running right across the borough.
First refused to comment on the claims, adding that the entire business portfolio is constantly reviewed.
A First Bus spokesperson said: "We don’t comment on market rumours or speculation. We keep all bus services, depots and the business portfolio under constant review so we can be responsive to changes in market conditions.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Children’s ‘retro arcade’ plan given the green light
- 2Middleton takeaway wins two awards at first-ever English Asian Food Awards 2019
- 3Safe fished out of Rochdale canal reunited with owner a decade after being stolen in armed robbery
- 4What 2019/20 budget will mean for Rochdale
- 5Voltalab - The hidden gem of Rochdale’s music history