Rochdale BrightHouse store to remain open
Date published: 06 February 2019
BrightHouse is to close a number of its stores, the rent-to-own retailer announced on Wednesday (6 February), but the Rochdale branch is not one of them.
The Wheatsheaf Shopping Centre store, which sells entertainment, computing, kitchen appliances and home furniture, will remain open as 30 store closures have been announced up and down the country.
A BrightHouse spokesperson said: “We have taken the very difficult decision to close 30 stores in the next two months. All employees affected by our proposals have been informed. We are working to redeploy as many people as possible into alternative roles, but redundancies will be inevitable.
“We will be speaking to all customers affected by the store closures and either transferring them to another local store or serving them online.
“We’re also introducing PayPoint, allowing customers to pay BrightHouse in cash at 28,000 locations across the UK.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Children’s ‘retro arcade’ plan given the green light
- 2Middleton takeaway wins two awards at first-ever English Asian Food Awards 2019
- 3Safe fished out of Rochdale canal reunited with owner a decade after being stolen in armed robbery
- 4What 2019/20 budget will mean for Rochdale
- 5Voltalab - The hidden gem of Rochdale’s music history