Woman pleads "not guilty" to charge of causing death by dangerous driving
Date published: 06 February 2019
A woman charged with causing death by dangerous driving has pleaded not guilty to the charge after appearing at Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court on Wednesday (6 February).
Sobia Aftar, 33, of Taylor Street, Rochdale, appeared at the court via a prison video link and will next appear at Minshull Street Crown Court on 8 July.
Shortly after 3.30pm on Monday 1 October 2018, police were called to reports of a serious collision between a red Range Rover and a pedestrian on Taylor Street.
The pedestrian - 11-year-old Marianne Haboc - was sadly pronounced dead at the scene, despite the best efforts of the emergency services.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1British Transport Police release CCTV following report of sexual assault at Rochdale railway
- 2Rochdale has some of the best roads in Greater Manchester
- 3Probation failings "most likely" contributed to murder of Michael Hoolickin
- 4Safety of local earth-filled dams at reservoirs
- 5Councillor Andy Kelly throws hat in ring for Lib Dems ahead of May 2020 Metro Mayor elections