Woman pleads "not guilty" to charge of causing death by dangerous driving
Date published: 06 February 2019
A woman charged with causing death by dangerous driving has pleaded not guilty to the charge after appearing at Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court on Wednesday (6 February).
Sobia Aftar, 33, of Taylor Street, Rochdale, appeared at the court via a prison video link and will next appear at Minshull Street Crown Court on 8 July.
Shortly after 3.30pm on Monday 1 October 2018, police were called to reports of a serious collision between a red Range Rover and a pedestrian on Taylor Street.
The pedestrian - 11-year-old Marianne Haboc - was sadly pronounced dead at the scene, despite the best efforts of the emergency services.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Children’s ‘retro arcade’ plan given the green light
- 2Safe fished out of Rochdale canal reunited with owner a decade after being stolen in armed robbery
- 3Middleton takeaway wins two awards at first-ever English Asian Food Awards 2019
- 4Voltalab - The hidden gem of Rochdale’s music history
- 5What 2019/20 budget will mean for Rochdale