Woman pleads "not guilty" to charge of causing death by dangerous driving
Date published: 06 February 2019
A woman charged with causing death by dangerous driving has pleaded not guilty to the charge after appearing at Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court on Wednesday (6 February).
Sobia Aftar, 33, of Taylor Street, Rochdale, appeared at the court via a prison video link and will next appear at Minshull Street Crown Court on 8 July.
Shortly after 3.30pm on Monday 1 October 2018, police were called to reports of a serious collision between a red Range Rover and a pedestrian on Taylor Street.
The pedestrian - 11-year-old Marianne Haboc - was sadly pronounced dead at the scene, despite the best efforts of the emergency services.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Four men jailed for brutal gang axe attack which left a man with life-changing injuries
- 2Woman receives serious head injuries in collision
- 3Job information sessions for new Rochdale Riverside – all you need to know
- 4Appeal for witnesses after collision which has left a woman in 'critical condition' in hospital
- 5New out-of-hours support for mental health launched at Rochdale Infirmary