Heywood Post Office could move from current location to Market Street
Date published: 22 February 2019
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
The Post Office on Hind Hill Street could be relocated
The Post Office is planning to move its Heywood branch from Hind Hill Street to Market Street where it would be run by a new convenience store.
Under the proposals, the services at the new branch would offer the same services as the current branch. Services will include everyday banking for the UK’s high street banks, online shopping returns and collections and foreign exchange.
Extended opening hours, including Saturday afternoons, have also been put forward.
Post Office’s Network and Sales Director Roger Gale said: “The vast majority of our 11,500 Post Offices, large and small, are successfully operated on a franchise basis with retail partners.
“We believe this is the best approach to keeping Post Offices in main shopping locations and at the heart of communities where they play an important role in local economies.”
Mr Gale added: “We believe our proposal is the most effective way to secure the long-term viability of Post Office services for years to come.”
A public consultation on the proposals has now started, opening on 20 February 2019, which will run until 3 April.
It is proposed to open the new branch in June 2019.
Have your say
- On the website: www.postofficeviews.co.uk
- By email: email@example.com
- By post: FREEPOST Your Comments
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man stabbed in Rochdale named by police
- 2Middleton fraudster jailed for £45,000 scam
- 3Police find half a million pounds' worth of cocaine and heroin in container
- 4School denies children being made to fill in ‘toilet form’
- 5Major grant scheme launched to revive buildings in Rochdale’s historic heart