Woman taken to hospital after collision on Milnrow Road
Date published: 13 March 2019
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
The section of Milnrow Road where the collision happened
A woman in her 50s was injured following a collision between a lorry and a car on Milnrow Road between Newhey and Shaw on Wednesday afternoon (13 March).
Police, fire and ambulance services were called to the scene at around 1pm.
The woman has been taken to Salford Royal with injuries to her head, face, chest and leg after she was cut free from her vehicle.
Two fire crews from Hollins and Chadderton attended the incident, which blocked part of the road, and were on scene for approximately one hour and 15 minutes.
Ambulance crews sent a road ambulance, Rapid Response Unit and the air ambulance, which was not used.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale in Bloom dream of gold as they prepare to welcome RHS judges
- 2Further arrests following Greave Avenue 'disturbance'
- 3Police investigating the sale of dangerous fake-vaping products have raided two businesses in...
- 4Old Middleton, NUDE Middleton: group launches charity calendar
- 5More local residents attend A&E than ever before