River Roch in Rochdale town centre dangerously high
Date published: 16 March 2019
River Roch in Rochdale town centre is dangerously high, with the river just inches/centimetres from the top of the of the bridge at One Riverside and Rochdale bus station - 3.00pm Saturday 16 March 2019
Scroll down for Video
The River Roch in Rochdale town centre is dangerously high, with the river just inches/centimetres from the top of the of the culvert at One Riverside and Rochdale bus station.
In the town centre, on The Butts where the river has been opened, the Roch has reached the top of the bridge.
The Flood information service says: ‘Flooding is possible - be prepared
‘Flooding of low-lying land, roads and farmland is possible. We believe there is a possibility of flooding for low lying land and roads around the Rivers Beal and Roch their tributaries.
'We are closely monitoring the situation.
'Our incident response staff are closely monitoring weather forecasts and river levels and will issue further updates as necessary.
'Please avoid using low lying footpaths near local watercourses.
'This information was last updated at 11:36am Saturday 16 March 2019'.
River Roch in Rochdale Town Centre - Saturday 16 March 2019
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Facemask advice if you wear glasses or hearing aids
- 2Here’s where you can Eat Out to Help Out: the venues offering the government’s 50% discount deal
- 3Coronavirus: Greater Manchester declares major incident
- 4Funding secured for two major projects in the Rochdale borough
- 5New temporary testing units to open in Rochdale town centre and Littleborough