Flooding is expected - Roch Valley Way to Yorkshire Street and Albert Royds Street
Date published: 16 March 2019
Photo: Greg Couzens
River Roch in Rochdale town centre is dangerously high, 3.00pm Saturday 16 March 2019
River levels are steadily rising as a result of persistent rainfall and are expected to continue due to current forecasts says the flood information service.
'Consequently, flooding of property is possible throughout Saturday 16 March 2019.
'We believe there is a possibility of flooding for the area from Roch Valley Way to Yorkshire Street and Albert Royds Street.
'Our incident response staff are closely monitoring weather forecasts and river levels and will issue further flood updates if necessary.
'Please avoid using low lying footpaths near local watercourses, be aware of your surroundings and keep up to date with the current situation. This message will be updated as the situation changes.
'This information was last updated at 2:58pm Saturday 16 March 2019'
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Elderly care home residents need to be urgently rehomed after shock closure announcement
- 2Council owed £5.1m in housing benefit overpayments
- 3 Motorist issued parking ticket despite explaining she could not charge electric car
- 4Road safety fears after homes plan gets green light
- 5Smart home tech firm reaches £1M turnover