Flooding is expected - Roch Valley Way to Yorkshire Street and Albert Royds Street
Date published: 16 March 2019
Photo: Greg Couzens
River Roch in Rochdale town centre is dangerously high, 3.00pm Saturday 16 March 2019
River levels are steadily rising as a result of persistent rainfall and are expected to continue due to current forecasts says the flood information service.
'Consequently, flooding of property is possible throughout Saturday 16 March 2019.
'We believe there is a possibility of flooding for the area from Roch Valley Way to Yorkshire Street and Albert Royds Street.
'Our incident response staff are closely monitoring weather forecasts and river levels and will issue further flood updates if necessary.
'Please avoid using low lying footpaths near local watercourses, be aware of your surroundings and keep up to date with the current situation. This message will be updated as the situation changes.
'This information was last updated at 2:58pm Saturday 16 March 2019'
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Alternative plans for HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail ‘could save billions’ with new underground...
- 2John Bright: Legacy of Rochdale’s radical social reformer ‘could be ripe for revival’ as debate...
- 3Number of mourners allowed at funerals increases
- 4Bev Yarwood is named as new president of Rotary Middleton
- 5Volunteers at Hopwood Hall Estate learn the craft of renovating its historic leaded glass windows