Flooding is expected - Roch Valley Way to Yorkshire Street and Albert Royds Street
Date published: 16 March 2019
Photo: Greg Couzens
River Roch in Rochdale town centre is dangerously high, 3.00pm Saturday 16 March 2019
River levels are steadily rising as a result of persistent rainfall and are expected to continue due to current forecasts says the flood information service.
'Consequently, flooding of property is possible throughout Saturday 16 March 2019.
'We believe there is a possibility of flooding for the area from Roch Valley Way to Yorkshire Street and Albert Royds Street.
'Our incident response staff are closely monitoring weather forecasts and river levels and will issue further flood updates if necessary.
'Please avoid using low lying footpaths near local watercourses, be aware of your surroundings and keep up to date with the current situation. This message will be updated as the situation changes.
'This information was last updated at 2:58pm Saturday 16 March 2019'
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Heywood B&M store to open in former Dunnes
- 2Twelve people have been charged following daybreak raids in Rochdale
- 3Rochdale man given animal ban for life after two dogs and cat left to starve at his home
- 4Review of Blue Badge fraud as scheme is extended to those with ‘hidden disabilities’
- 5Chloe Cockton's mother urges public to back petition to increase dangerous driving sentences