River Roch flood update: here's what we know as of Saturday night
Date published: 16 March 2019
Photo: Elizabeth Fenton
The Butts - Elizabeth Fenton
River Roch flood update: here's what we know as of 7.30pm Saturday night (16 March)
- Todmorden Road is closed from Halifax Road to Barnes Meadow. Diversions are in place along Whitelees Road, Calderbrook Road and Barnes Meadow.
- Smithy Bridge Road fields are flooded.
- Stubley Mill Road onto Riverstone Bridge is flooded.
- Littleborough playing fields are flooded.
- Ferrand Road is flooded.
- Water is understood 2ft deep on Shore Road, Littleborough.
Rochdale & town centre
- Hollingwood Road and Belfield Lane are currently closed.
- A flood alert is in place for Hey Brook. Homes on Gowers Street and Weedon Street and surrounding properties.
- Asda Rochdale is believed to be closed, but this is currently unconfirmed.
- Yates is closed.
- Buckley Menswear has confirmed water is coming through the basement floor.
- Although the water hasn't come over the river openings in the town centre, The Butts and The Walk are flooded.
- Shoppers/residents were helping shopkeepers to remove stock from shops.
- Manchester Old Road in Alkrington is currently closed.
- Wince Brook has burst its banks.
Milnrow & Newhey
- Councillor Andy Kelly has confirmed houses in the village have flooded near the community centre.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Heywood B&M store to open in former Dunnes
- 2Twelve people have been charged following daybreak raids in Rochdale
- 3Rochdale man given animal ban for life after two dogs and cat left to starve at his home
- 4Review of Blue Badge fraud as scheme is extended to those with ‘hidden disabilities’
- 5Chloe Cockton's mother urges public to back petition to increase dangerous driving sentences