Police appealing for witnesses after a woman was raped
Date published: 11 April 2019
Wooded area near to the rear of Rochdale Town Hall
Police want to speak to a man described as having a large amount of sandy-coloured hair after a woman was raped.
Shortly after 5am on Sunday 31 March 2019, the woman was walking through a wooded area near to the rear of Rochdale Town Hall when she was forced to the ground and raped.
Officers want to speak to a man who is described as white, in his mid-20s, of slim build and with a slim, pale face.
He had a large amount of sandy-coloured hair, was very tall and spoke with a local accent. He was wearing a blue and white chequered shirt with blue jeans.
Investigating officers have looked at CCTV in the area and other enquiries have been carried out but now they’re appealing for the public’s help.
Detective Constable Russ Clarke of GMP’s Rochdale District, said: “While we’re providing specialist support to the woman with the help of our partners, now we need your help to find the man responsible.
“Were you in Rochdale Town Centre around the time the offence took place? Did you see anybody acting suspiciously or running away from the area?”
Anyone with information should contact police on 0161 856 4646 quoting reference number 412 of 31/03/19 or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Chloe Cockton's mother urges public to back petition to increase dangerous driving sentences
- 2Heywood B&M store to open in former Dunnes
- 3Heywood woman one of the first charged during drink and drug driving campaign
- 4Former taxi driver prosecuted after driving without a licence and insurance
- 5Rochdale man given animal ban for life after two dogs and cat left to starve at his home