Work starts on new Smallbridge homes
Date published: 12 April 2019
CGI image of the new homes in Great Howarth
New affordable housing is on the way in the Great Howarth area of Smallbridge, as construction has now started on 39 new RBH homes.
The development comprises 39 new two, three, and four bedroomed affordable family homes. RBH have appointed leading regeneration specialists Galliford Try Partnerships to deliver these new homes, which have been designed by Manchester-based MHA Architects and are jointly funded by Homes England and RBH.
The homes will be available at affordable rents, or an affordable share for those who need help to be able to own their own home, through shared ownership and ‘rent to buy’.
Work started on site in March 2019 and the first residents are expected to move into the new homes in autumn 2020.
Gemma Wood, RBH Head of Development and Regeneration, said: “The feedback from local residents about these new homes has been extremely positive, and we’re really pleased to have the opportunity to deliver these new high-quality homes and provide new affordable options for local people.”
Brendan Blythe, Galliford Try Partnerships Managing Director, said: “We are delighted to be working in partnership with RBH to deliver these important affordable houses which will provide much needed new homes for the area.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Heywood B&M store to open in former Dunnes
- 2Twelve people have been charged following daybreak raids in Rochdale
- 3Rochdale man given animal ban for life after two dogs and cat left to starve at his home
- 4Review of Blue Badge fraud as scheme is extended to those with ‘hidden disabilities’
- 5Chloe Cockton's mother urges public to back petition to increase dangerous driving sentences