Man arrested after a woman was raped
Date published: 16 April 2019
Wooded area near to the rear of Rochdale Town Hall
A man has been arrested after a woman was raped in Rochdale last month. A 30-year-old man was arrested yesterday (Monday 15 April), on suspicion of rape. He remains in custody for questioning.
Shortly after 5am on Sunday 31 March 2019, a woman was walking through a wooded area near to the rear of Rochdale Town Hall when she was forced to the ground by a man and raped.
Specialist officers are continuing to support the woman.
Enquiries remain ongoing and officers are appealing for anyone with information to get in contact.
Anyone with information should contact police on 0161 856 4646 quoting reference number 412 of 31/03/2019, or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Elderly care home residents need to be urgently rehomed after shock closure announcement
- 2 Motorist issued parking ticket despite explaining she could not charge electric car
- 3Council owed £5.1m in housing benefit overpayments
- 4Road safety fears after homes plan gets green light
- 5Fury over pay rises for RBH executives