Marland Golf Course tees off to strong start
Date published: 20 April 2019
Marland Golf Course
A team open competition saw around 240 people descend on Marland Golf Course on Friday 12 April, coinciding perfectly with the US Masters contest.
The day, sponsored by RRG Skoda, was a real treat for golf enthusiasts, beginning at 8am and ending at 4pm.
The much-loved 18-hole course is now being run by local golf professional Andrew Terry and his business partner, Joe Jackson, for a 12-month period, after the council agreed to support their takeover plan.
Since taking over just two weeks ago, the duo have already made a number of big changes to the course, including applying for an alcohol licence and opening a coffee lounge.
Andrew said: “Things are going really well at Marland and we have loads of fantastic events coming up involving the local community, various charities and health organisations.
“Thank you to everyone for their continued support.”
Group sessions are in full swing for Saturdays:
- Beginners – 12pm-1pm
- Free children’s tasters – 1.30pm-2.30pm
- Autism-friendly sessions-3pm-4pm
Upcoming events at Marland Golf Course can be found here:
To book or for more information please call 01706 649801 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Four-year-old boy donates long hair to Little Princess Trust after very first haircut
- 2Rochdale’s Got Talent: finalists revealed
- 3Women Against Groomers demand legal action against Home Secretary for failing to deport members of...
- 4Successful first step to restore Rochdale-Heywood-Bury railway line
- 5Government to publish paper into understanding grooming gangs