Rochdale MP and Chair of Pakistani and Kashmiri Councillors Forum North meet Pakistan High Commissioner
Date published: 14 May 2019
Musthaq Lashari, Muhammad Nafees Zakaria, Rochdale MP Tony Lloyd and Cllr Aasim Rashid
Rochdale MP Tony Lloyd, Shadow Secretary for Northern Ireland; Councillor Aasim Rashid, Chair of Pakistani and Kashmiri Councillors Forum North; Muhammad Nafees Zakaria, Pakistan High Commissioner to the United Kingdom, and Musthaq Lashari, Chair of Third World Solidarity met to discuss enhancing bilateral relations between the two countries.
During the discussion it was noted that given the strong political goodwill and profound historical linkages, the enormous prospects for bilateral economy cooperation, which extended in a variety of sectors needed to be exploited to its full potential.
Cllr Aasim Rashid, Chair of Pakistani and Kashmiri Councillors Forum North, said: “Both sides appreciated the pivotal role being played by the Pakistani community in the development of UK's different segments of society, their contribution to the economy and strengthening of relations between the two countries.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Breaking: Flood alert in place in Littleborough
- 2Attack on plans to demolish the Seven Sisters after report warns Rochdale’s housing services are...
- 3Rochdale has one of the lowest disability-free life expectancy rates in the country
- 4Entry fee introduced for Feel Good Festival and plans for new free family event revealed
- 5Zen recognised as one of the UK’s best places to work