Driver arrested after police pursuit into Heywood
Date published: 14 May 2019
The car continued into Heywood and collided with a Peugeot Boxer van
A driver has been arrested after he collided with a van following a short police pursuit in Rochdale.
Shortly after 9.30am on Tuesday 14 May, police routinely patrolling Daventry Road in Kirkholt, Rochdale, gestured for a man in a blue Vauxhall Astra to stop.
Instead of stopping the driver made off and police engaged in a short pursuit.
The car continued into Heywood and unfortunately collided with a Peugeot Boxer van on the junction of Rochdale Road and Manchester Street.
The driver of the van, a 39-year-old man was taken to hospital as a precaution.
An 22-year old man was arrested on suspicion of driving while under the influence of drugs, dangerous driving and two incidents of theft.
A full investigation has been launched and anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 0161 856 3995, alternatively contact police on 101 quoting the reference number 0536 of 14/05/19 or call the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police investigating the rape of 16-year old girl in Wardle
- 2Manager jailed after death of roofer in Rochdale
- 3Trams suspended between Oldham and Rochdale following fatal collision
- 4Renters will be allowed to keep their pets under new government tenancy plans
- 5Bar forced to close after police were hurt in brawl could be shut down for good