25-year-old woman arrested after man sustained fatal injuries
Date published: 18 May 2019
A murder investigation has been launched after a man sustained fatal injuries in Rochdale.
At around 8.55pm on Friday 17 May 2019, police were called to Berwick Street in Rochdale to reports of an ongoing fight.
A man, who is believed to be in his 20s, was taken to hospital where he sadly died.
Officers attended and a 25-year-old woman has been arrested in connection with the investigation.
Detective Superintendent Howard Millington, said: “We are keeping an open mind as to the circumstances around the incident and I would appeal for anyone with any information or anyone who witnessed the incident that took place to contact us as a matter of urgency.
“I would also like to reassure people in the local area that I don’t believe this was a random incident and there will be an increased police presence in the area, along with detectives who will ensure a thorough investigation takes place to get to the bottom of this tragic incident.
“My thoughts are with family and friends of the young man involved at this difficult time.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 0161 856 4646 quoting reference number 2284 17/05/19 or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1British Transport Police release CCTV following report of sexual assault at Rochdale railway
- 2Rochdale has some of the best roads in Greater Manchester
- 3Safety of local earth-filled dams at reservoirs
- 4Probation failings "most likely" contributed to murder of Michael Hoolickin
- 5Councillor Andy Kelly throws hat in ring for Lib Dems ahead of May 2020 Metro Mayor elections