Rochdale shop worker wins employment tribunal after he was underpaid
Date published: 28 May 2019
A Rochdale shop worker who was underpaid has won a tribunal against his employer.
Raja Mehmood has been awarded a substantial amount of money after he was underpaid by Worldwide Foods (Rochdale) Ltd on Lower Tweedale Street.
An employment tribunal in April ruled in Mr Mehmood’s favour with regards to unlawful deduction to wages, unfair dismissal, failure to pay for overtime and holiday pay, failure to pay on time, and failure to provide a contract of employment.
The judgment ruled that Worldwide Foods 'made an unlawful deduction' from Mr Mehmood’s wages for 26-29 March 2018 and ordered the employer to pay the deducted amount.
Worldwide was also ordered to pay compensation for breach of contract, injury to feelings, financial losses, loss of statutory rights, lose of earnings, interest and a 15% ACAS uplift.
In total, Mr Mehmood was awarded a substantial payment by the judgment, which is yet to be received.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1New parking restrictions approved 'in principle' for Hollingworth Lake
- 2Vehicle overturns at major junction in Rochdale
- 3Travel advice for Courteeners gig at Heaton Park
- 4Aldi shoppers in Greater Manchester chosen for new paper carrier bag trial
- 5A man has been jailed after he engaged in sexual activity with a 14-year-old boy near to...