Intense rain and thunderstorms impact this week
Date published: 11 June 2019
Heavy rainfall could disrupt traffic
Heavy rain is expected to affect the region throughout Wednesday, only slowly easing during Thursday morning, spray and flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures.
Around 20 to 40 mm of rain could widely fall, with 50 to 80 mm possible over high ground and as much as 100 mm in a few locations.
Today, Tuesday, 11 June will be another very unsettled day, with a persistent band of rain staying rather stuck across the area, leading to some rather prolonged wet spells.
A slow-moving front will keep things very wet on Wednesday, with some places seeing heavy rain for several hours.
Thursday is expected to have drier and bright spells but also heavy or thundery downpours.
There is still a lot of uncertainty surrounding the clearing of the overnight rain on Thursday.
Friday may see drier and brighter conditions.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Two new secondary schools approved by government
- 2Former Rochdale care worker sentenced after having sex with vulnerable woman
- 3A man has been jailed after he engaged in sexual activity with a 14-year-old boy near to...
- 4New parking restrictions approved 'in principle' for Hollingworth Lake
- 5Aldi shoppers in Greater Manchester chosen for new paper carrier bag trial