Scouts celebrate 75th anniversary of Ashworth Valley Campsite
Date published: 28 June 2019
Hundreds of scouts, volunteer leaders and group leaders had a weekend of fun
Scouting groups from across the borough celebrated the 75th anniversary of the Ashworth Valley Campsite over the weekend of 22 and 23 June.
Hundreds of scouts, volunteer leaders and group leaders had a whole weekend of fun at the campsite, with bouncy castles, creating exploding rockets, rock climbing, archery and axe throwing, crafts and a huge campfire at the end of the day.
The weekend celebrated the 75th birthday of the campsite, which is wholly owned and managed by the groups within the Rochdale borough.
A representative of 1st Heywood Scouts said: “Our cub packs have had a fantastic weekend at GMN's County Cub camp. A big thank you to Ashworth Valley Scout CampSite for letting us celebrate your 75th Anniversary with you.
“And an even bigger thank you goes to our volunteer leaders and young leaders, without whom we could not take our young people on these adventures.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Fundraiser set up for Rochdale couple after their 3-year-old son loses battle with cancer
- 2Free bulky waste collections to be introduced in Rochdale as council aims to stamp out fly-tipping
- 3New sensory and wellbeing centre opens in Rochdale
- 4Care firm that refuses to pay the living wage blasted by MPs over latest ‘unfair’ workforce plans
- 5Funeral fundraiser organised for 2-year-old Daisy Taylor