Local band rocks Hollywood’s legendary Roxy Theatre
Date published: 07 July 2019
Lyerr with Virgin Atlantic flight attendants
A local band had the chance of a lifetime to perform at the legendary Roxy Theatre in Hollywood after beating strong competition to be chosen best Manchester new band by Virgin Atlantic.
Lyerr, made up of Rochdale lads Rory Magner and James Kershaw, alongside their bandmates Ryan Johnson and Sam Greene from Bury, played at the iconic venue on 27 May 2019 - Memorial Day in the United States.
They were chosen as the next big thing on the music scene by the airline to celebrate the first-ever flight from Manchester to LA.
The band, which formed in 2015, was flown out to LA on the inaugural LAX flight where they rocked the crowd with their performance.
Former Oasis bassist Andy Bell was amongst the judges and joined Lyerr in LA for a memorable gig.
Lyerr will be playing the Nambuca club in London oin Saturday 13 July 2019, supporting Andy, who will be perming a DJ set.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale woman jailed for five years on drug charges and money laundering
- 2Couple begin afternoon tea delivery service 'Tea to the Door'
- 3Friendly faces to boost town centre as rangers introduced
- 4Multi million pound cash injection proposed for major Rochdale development
- 5Rochdale in Rainbows: same-sex and trans symbols replace green man at pedestrian crossings for...