Rochdale Environmental Action Group clean Deeplish
Date published: 08 July 2019
REAG recently adopted a back alley for planting flowers on Cecil Street
Members of the Rochdale Environmental Action Group (REAG) and residents of Clifford Street, Deeplish, trimmed branches, cleared weeds and cleaned the street on Saturday (6 July).
Many residents of Clifford Street have also put flowers outside their houses., with REAG members saying it was “good to see residents taking interest in improving the environment.”
REAG recently adopted a back alley for planting flowers on nearby Cecil Street. Residents came forward and cleaned the back alley, installing flowery hanging baskets and plant pots to improve the alley.
Ghulam Rasul Shahzad OBE, REAG secretary, said: “It gives us great pleasure to see residents becoming part of their campaign to improve the environment of our beautiful and historically rich town.
“We have a social and moral responsibility to ensure our beautiful town becomes number one in the country as a flowery town. Thanks to all members of the REAG, residents, councillors, and environment services of Rochdale Council for their continued support.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Woman receives serious head injuries in collision
- 2Appeal for witnesses after collision which has left a woman in 'critical condition' in hospital
- 3Four men jailed for brutal gang axe attack which left a man with life-changing injuries
- 4Electric avenue best route for taxi firms
- 5Job information sessions for new Rochdale Riverside – all you need to know