Heywood man charged with driving under influence of alcohol
Date published: 09 July 2019
Six men and a woman from the Rochdale borough have been charged and named during the National Police Chiefs Council campaign
A Heywood man has been charged with drinking and driving on Sunday (7 July) during the national campaign to tackle drink and drug drivers during the busy summer period.
Daniel Eaton, 39, of Heywood, has been charged with driving while under the influence of alcohol. He is due to appear at Manchester & Salford Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday 20 August.
The campaign, led by the National Police Chiefs Council (NPCC), ran from Monday 24 June until Monday 8 July with the aim of reducing the number of deaths and injuries caused by irresponsible drink and drug drivers.
Anyone charged with drink or drug driving offences during the campaign has been named by GMP.
To date, six men and a woman from the Rochdale borough have been charged and named.
The last drink and drug drive campaign took place in December 2018 where a total of 228 arrests were made and 1,867 breath, drug and field impairment tests were undertaken.
Anyone convicted of drink or drug driving will face:
- A criminal record
- At least a one-year driving ban
- Higher motor insurance costs
- Endorsement on your driving licence for 11 years
- You could also lose your job
In England and Wales, it is illegal to drive with legal drugs in your body (ie: prescription drugs) if it impairs your driving.
If you suspect anyone is driving under the influence of drink or drugs, contact the police directly on 101 or 999 in an emergency where they pose an immediate threat to themselves or other road users.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Channel Four films new series in Norden
- 2Buses ‘cherry picking’ stops and ‘stranding’ passengers
- 3Businesses fear for jobs as plans to build 250 homes on industrial estate emerge
- 4Reel Cinemas reveal plans for Rochdale Riverside development
- 5Bikers turn M60 motorway into giant poppy with Ring of Red ride of Remembrance