Motorcyclist airlifted to hospital after collision in Whitworth
Date published: 09 July 2019
The motorcyclist was airlifted to Royal Preston Hospital
A motorcyclist has been air-lifted to hospital with significant chest injuries following a collision in Whitworth on Sunday (7 July).
Market Street was closed for four hours on Sunday (7 July) following the collision at around 3pm, involving a Mercedes A Class, a Land Rover and a motorcycle.
A spokesperson for North West Ambulance confirmed the man, believed to be in his 20s, was airlifted to Royal Preston Hospital with "significant injuries".
Lancashire Police were called to the scene shortly before 3.40pm.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale in Bloom dream of gold as they prepare to welcome RHS judges
- 2Rochdale police column: homelessness and begging
- 3Further arrests following Greave Avenue 'disturbance'
- 4Police investigating the sale of dangerous fake-vaping products have raided two businesses in...
- 5Littleborough rocked with first Little Glastonboro festival