Motorcyclist airlifted to hospital after collision in Whitworth
Date published: 09 July 2019
The motorcyclist was airlifted to Royal Preston Hospital
A motorcyclist has been air-lifted to hospital with significant chest injuries following a collision in Whitworth on Sunday (7 July).
Market Street was closed for four hours on Sunday (7 July) following the collision at around 3pm, involving a Mercedes A Class, a Land Rover and a motorcycle.
A spokesperson for North West Ambulance confirmed the man, believed to be in his 20s, was airlifted to Royal Preston Hospital with "significant injuries".
Lancashire Police were called to the scene shortly before 3.40pm.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Billy’s big dig kicks off new apartment development
- 2350 children in Rochdale will receive little to no presents this Christmas
- 3Man taken to hospital with leg injury after collision on Halifax Road
- 4M&S officially starts work on new Rochdale Riverside store
- 5General Election 2019: candidates announced for Rochdale and Heywood & Middleton