'Disturbance' closes Sandy Lane as two injured men taken to hospital
Date published: 17 July 2019
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Sandy Lane, Cutgate, Rochdale
Two men have been taken to hospital following a disturbance on Greave Avenue during the early hours of Wednesday morning (17 July), which has closed Sandy Lane.
Shortly before 12.25am, police were called to reports of a disturbance and found two injured men, who were then taken to hospital for treatment.
Although they are not believed to be life-threatening at this time, one of the men has serious leg injuries.
An investigation has been launched and enquiries are ongoing.
Sandy Lane remains closed (as of 9.40am) from the junction with Edenfield Road to the junction with Bury Old Road.
There are diversions in place, but commuters are advised to avoid the area where possible and allow extra time for their journeys.
Anybody with information about the disturbance should contact police on 0161 856 8420, quoting incident number 56 of 17 July 2019, or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Safety of local earth-filled dams at reservoirs
- 2Residents don't recycle food because it is "smelly and dirty", survey finds
- 3Outstanding A-level results at Rochdale Sixth Form College
- 4JD Sports reduce 12-hour night shift breaks from three to two
- 5Paving flags stolen from Springhill Hospice’s Coffee at the Craven