'Disturbance' closes Sandy Lane as two injured men taken to hospital
Date published: 17 July 2019
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Sandy Lane, Cutgate, Rochdale
Two men have been taken to hospital following a disturbance on Greave Avenue during the early hours of Wednesday morning (17 July), which has closed Sandy Lane.
Shortly before 12.25am, police were called to reports of a disturbance and found two injured men, who were then taken to hospital for treatment.
Although they are not believed to be life-threatening at this time, one of the men has serious leg injuries.
An investigation has been launched and enquiries are ongoing.
Sandy Lane remains closed (as of 9.40am) from the junction with Edenfield Road to the junction with Bury Old Road.
There are diversions in place, but commuters are advised to avoid the area where possible and allow extra time for their journeys.
Anybody with information about the disturbance should contact police on 0161 856 8420, quoting incident number 56 of 17 July 2019, or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police are appealing for more information after an assault in Rochdale
- 2Rochdale singer-songwriter named as one of the UK's "top fierce female artists" in contest to...
- 3Littleborough childminder rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted for fourth consecutive time
- 4Petrol station locals claim is already plagued by late-night rows, abuse and vandalism to sell...
- 5Man believed to be from Rochdale pleads not guilty to murder of a man in Lancaster