Man charged with child grooming offences
Date published: 17 July 2019
A man has been charged after police responded to an allegation of child grooming.
Michael Martin, 57, of Rochdale, has been charged with:
- two counts of attempted sexual communication with a child
- two counts of attempting to incite a child to engage in sexual activity
- two counts of attempting to cause a child to watch a sexual act
He will appear before Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ court today (Wednesday 17 July 2019).
At 11.20pm on Monday 15 July 2019 police were called to a property in Rochdale following an allegation of child grooming.
Officers attended and arrested a man aged 57 on suspicion of inciting a child under 16 to engage in sexual activity.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Safety of local earth-filled dams at reservoirs
- 2Residents don't recycle food because it is "smelly and dirty", survey finds
- 3Outstanding A-level results at Rochdale Sixth Form College
- 4JD Sports reduce 12-hour night shift breaks from three to two
- 5Paving flags stolen from Springhill Hospice’s Coffee at the Craven