A man has been arrested and bailed after a disturbance in Rochdale yesterday
Date published: 18 July 2019
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Greave Avenue and Sandy Lane
A man has been arrested and bailed after a disturbance in Rochdale yesterday.
Shortly before 12.25am yesterday, Wednesday 17 July 2019, police were called to reports of a disturbance on Greave Avenue, close to the junction with Sandy Lane.
Officers attended and found two injured men, who were then taken to hospital for treatment. Although they are not believed to be life threatening at this time, one of the men has serious leg injuries.
Later yesterday, a 31-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder. He has been bailed pending further enquiries.
The scene on Sandy Lane has been closed down and all roads have now been reopened.
Detective Inspector Julie Maxwell, of GMP’s Rochdale district, said: “This was a disturbing attack that has left two men with serious injuries and our thoughts remain with them as they recover in hospital.
“I want to reassure the community that we believe this was a targeted attack and whilst we do not believe there to be any wider threat, you will see increased patrols in the area over the coming days.
“We have arrested a man but our investigation remains ongoing and I am appealing for anyone with information or any footage to get in contact with us as a matter of urgency.”
Anybody with information about the disturbance should contact police on 0161 856 8441, quoting incident number 56 of 17 July 2019, or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police are appealing for more information after an assault in Rochdale
- 2Rochdale singer-songwriter named as one of the UK's "top fierce female artists" in contest to...
- 3Littleborough childminder rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted for fourth consecutive time
- 4Petrol station locals claim is already plagued by late-night rows, abuse and vandalism to sell...
- 5Man believed to be from Rochdale pleads not guilty to murder of a man in Lancaster