Street sweeper collides with cars on Spotland Road
Date published: 07 August 2019
Car collides with council street sweeper, Spotland Road
A council street sweeper collided with a number of cars near to the junction of Spotland Road and St Mary's Gate at around 8.45am this morning (7 August 2019).
It is believed that the unmanned street sweeper vehicle rolled down Spotland Road towards the junction and struck a number of cars before coming to a halt against a wall. The North West Ambulance Service have confirmed that although two ambulances attended the incident, those involved sustained only minor injuries and nobody required hospital treatment.
Councillor Neil Emmott, cabinet member for environment at Rochdale Council, said: “An unmanned council vehicle was involved in an accident with six vehicles on Spotland Road this morning. Police attended the scene and will not be taking any further action. We take the safety of residents and staff very seriously and are investigating. We regret any inconvenience or upset it may have caused.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 187-year-old man killed in collision on St Mary's Gate
- 2Serial rapist found guilty of 37 offences relating to 11 victims aged between 11 and 71
- 3Six-year old girl leads her pony at North West Championship show
- 4Body of a 61-year-old man found inside Kirkholt home
- 5Police are appealing for more information after an assault in Rochdale