Body found in Rochdale canal
Date published: 08 August 2019
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Rochdale canal near Dicken Green Lane, off Queensway
A body has been recovered by police from a stretch of water, believed to be a section of the Rochdale canal between Sandbrook Park and Oldham Road in Rochdale.
The towpath was cordoned off yesterday (Wednesday 7 August) where the canal passes under Dicken Green Lane and a footpath from Dicken Green Lane to Digby Road was also cordoned off.
Police have confirmed that they attended the scene after receiving reports that a body had been found in water at around 4.30pm on Wednesday 7 August 2019.
Officers are currently at the scene and enquiries are ongoing.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1British Transport Police release CCTV following report of sexual assault at Rochdale railway
- 2Rochdale has some of the best roads in Greater Manchester
- 3Probation failings "most likely" contributed to murder of Michael Hoolickin
- 4Safety of local earth-filled dams at reservoirs
- 5Councillor Andy Kelly throws hat in ring for Lib Dems ahead of May 2020 Metro Mayor elections