Body found in Rochdale canal
Date published: 08 August 2019
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Rochdale canal near Dicken Green Lane, off Queensway
A body has been recovered by police from a stretch of water, believed to be a section of the Rochdale canal between Sandbrook Park and Oldham Road in Rochdale.
The towpath was cordoned off yesterday (Wednesday 7 August) where the canal passes under Dicken Green Lane and a footpath from Dicken Green Lane to Digby Road was also cordoned off.
Police have confirmed that they attended the scene after receiving reports that a body had been found in water at around 4.30pm on Wednesday 7 August 2019.
Officers are currently at the scene and enquiries are ongoing.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 187-year-old man killed in collision on St Mary's Gate
- 2Serial rapist found guilty of 37 offences relating to 11 victims aged between 11 and 71
- 3Six-year old girl leads her pony at North West Championship show
- 4Police are appealing for more information after an assault in Rochdale
- 5Body of a 61-year-old man found inside Kirkholt home