Body found in canal in Rochdale is not suspicious
Date published: 08 August 2019
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Rochdale canal near Dicken Green Lane, off Queensway
Police have confirmed that the body recovered from the canal yesterday (Wednesday 7 August) was that of a man believed to be in his 50s.
Police believe there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the man’s death.
Emergency services were called to the canal in Rochdale near to Dicken Green Lane at around 4.30pm on to reports of a body being found in water.
Sadly, the body of a man was recovered.
A police spokesperson said: "There are no suspicious circumstances and a file will be passed to the coroner."
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 187-year-old man killed in collision on St Mary's Gate
- 2Police are appealing for more information after an assault in Rochdale
- 3Littleborough childminder rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted for fourth consecutive time
- 4Petrol station locals claim is already plagued by late-night rows, abuse and vandalism to sell...
- 5Rochdale singer-songwriter named as one of the UK's "top fierce female artists" in contest to...