Nominations now open for Man of Rochdale 2019
Date published: 09 August 2019
Man of Rochdale 2017 John Swinden (left) presented the Man of Rochdale 2018 award to John Kay (right)
Nominations are now open to crown the 'Man of Rochdale' 2019.
The Men of Rochdale committee are on the lookout for the next Rochdale Man of the Year, but unsung heroes within our communities cannot be recognised without your nominations.
To make your nomination for this year’s ‘Man of the Year’ award email your nomination and endorsement to email@example.com or complete the form on the hospice web site:
Your email should be of no more than 500 words and the closing date for nominations to be received is Monday 28 October 2019.
Please note that your nominee can only be considered if he meets the following criteria:
- He must work or live in the borough of Rochdale
- He must not already have received a Royal award
- He must be an ‘unsung’ member of the general public having voluntarily given of his time and efforts to improve the lives of others within the Rochdale borough
The twenty-sixth annual Men of Rochdale Luncheon will take place in the Great Hall at Rochdale Town Hall on Friday 22 November 2019, sponsored by Jackson Jackson Ltd.
Last year’s luncheon was the most popular yet, with over 260 guests in attendance who raised a brilliant £7,000 for Springhill Hospice.
The 2018 Man of the Year was Mr John Kay. John was nominated for his dedication to raising funds for many local charities. He has raised thousands of pounds for charity over the years and is a prominent member of a number of local groups including Littleborough Canalside Trust and Littleborough Events and Association Forum. John is also an active fundraiser on the Mayor’s Charity Committee, Rochdale Connections Trust and the NSPCC.
Sophie Ansley, Corporate & Partnerships Fundraiser at Springhill Hospice said: “Our Man of Rochdale event is one of the most popular events in our annual calendar. It’s going to be such an honor to watch the new Man of Rochdale be crowned on this very humbling afternoon, and it’s going to be a great social occasion for all of our guests."
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 187-year-old man killed in collision on St Mary's Gate
- 2Police are appealing for more information after an assault in Rochdale
- 3Littleborough childminder rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted for fourth consecutive time
- 4Petrol station locals claim is already plagued by late-night rows, abuse and vandalism to sell...
- 5Rochdale singer-songwriter named as one of the UK's "top fierce female artists" in contest to...