Latest five-star food hygiene ratings across the borough
Date published: 09 August 2019
Photo: Food Standards Agency
Food Hygiene Rating Sticker with a rating of five
Local cafés, restaurants, pubs, takeaways, nurseries, schools and retailers across the Rochdale borough have been awarded the maximum five-stars for food hygiene, following the most recent local inspections over the past two weeks.
Ratings are a snapshot of the standards of food hygiene found at the time of inspection.
A food safety officer from the local authority checks that food hygiene law is being followed correctly so that the food is safe to eat, and inspects handling of food, how food is stored, how food is prepared, cleanliness of facilities and how food safety is managed.
All inspected businesses are rated in three categories to give a final score: hygienic food handling, cleanliness and condition of facilities and building, and management of food safety.
The five-star rated premises (inspected during July and August 2019) are:
Cafés, restaurants, pubs and takeaways
- A1 Fish and Chips, Milkstone Road, Rochdale
- Communitea Room, Yorkshire Street, Rochdale
- Cup and Kitchen, Middleton Shopping Centre, Middleton
- Lighthouse Project Café, Middleton Shopping Centre, Middleton
- Players, Oldham Road, Rochdale
Retailers and supermarkets
- Haji Superstore, Tweedale Street, Rochdale
- Sanam Sweet House, Tweedale Street, Rochdale
- Leighton House Retirement Home, Milkstone Road, Rochdale
- Meavy View Care Home, Milkstone Road, Rochdale
- Lighthouse Pantry, Middleton Shopping Centre, Middleton
- Middleton Central Food Bank, The Lighthouse Project, Middleton
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Safety of local earth-filled dams at reservoirs
- 2Residents don't recycle food because it is "smelly and dirty", survey finds
- 3Outstanding A-level results at Rochdale Sixth Form College
- 4JD Sports reduce 12-hour night shift breaks from three to two
- 5Paving flags stolen from Springhill Hospice’s Coffee at the Craven