Police investigating robbery in which a man was assaulted with baseball bat release new image from CCTV
Date published: 14 August 2019
Paul Schofield was hit over the head with a baseball bat
Officers investigating a robbery in Rochdale in which a man was hit over the head with a baseball bat have released a new image of a man they want to speak to.
Shortly after 10.50pm on Saturday 3 November 2018, a man was approached by three men on Leamington Street before he was hit across the head with a baseball bat. The offenders made off with the victim's car, a Ford Fiesta ST.
The victim, a 58-year-old man, suffered a serious head injury and required hospital treatment.
Officers are keen to speak to the man pictured in the CCTV image in connection with the robbery.
Detective Constable Matthew Adshead said: “This incident occurred back in November last year, but the investigation is being revisited following new evidence coming to light.
“This was a particularly violent attack which left the victim with a nasty head injury and fearing for his life.
“Do you recognise the man in this photo? If you have any information then please get in touch with us on 0161 856 8978."
Information can also be passed on anonymously by calling the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police are appealing for more information after an assault in Rochdale
- 2Rochdale singer-songwriter named as one of the UK's "top fierce female artists" in contest to...
- 3Littleborough childminder rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted for fourth consecutive time
- 4Petrol station locals claim is already plagued by late-night rows, abuse and vandalism to sell...
- 5Man believed to be from Rochdale pleads not guilty to murder of a man in Lancaster