Summer Saturdays in Middleton
Date published: 14 August 2019
Three free ‘summer Saturday’ fun days took place this July and August
Three free ‘Summer Saturday’ fun days took place this July and August, courtesy of Middleton Town Centre Management.
Held on 27 July, 3 and 10 August, there were Punch and Judy puppet shows and magic shows throughout the day, face-painting, photo boards to take a selfie with, sand pits and giant games, such as Connect 4.
This was run alongside the regular market, providing children – and their parents – with something fun to do in the school holidays.
Whilst unfortunately the weather for some of the days proved to be a typical rainy ‘British summer’, it didn't dampen the mood or enjoyment.
Middleton Town Centre Manager, Victoria Davies, said: “In total we had approximately 200 children and parents join us in Middleton Gardens for these fabulous free events, and it was great to see the people of Middleton coming down, getting involved and enjoying 'all the fun of the seaside' in their home town.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale neighbours celebrate lottery win
- 2Body of a 61-year-old man found inside Kirkholt home
- 3‘100 per cent affordable’ homes plan for former pub site
- 4Former Westlife singer Brian McFadden covers costs of staging Christmas show raising money for...
- 5Serial rapist found guilty of 37 offences relating to 11 victims aged between 11 and 71