Rooley Moor Road Co-op broken into
Date published: 14 August 2019
Photo: Liam Hand
The Co-op on Rooley Moor Road was broken into during the early hours of Wednesday morning
The Co-op store on Rooley Moor Road has become the latest targeted by thieves, after a break in at around 2am on Wednesday morning (14 August).
The store is believed to have been closed at the time of the break in and no staff were on the premises.
A spokesperson for Co-op said: “I can confirm that an incident took place at our Rooley Moor Road store at around 2.00am this morning (14 August). CCTV coverage has been shared with the police, who are investigating, and we would ask anyone with information about the incident to come forward.
“We work closely with police and crime prevention bodies, and implement a range of measures designed to deter and disrupt criminal behaviour.”
Throughout 2018, a number of Co-op stores in the Rochdale borough were targeted in a spate of armed robberies with shops in Castleton, Littleborough, Norden, Rooley Moor Road, and Whitworth affected.
The Co-op has since called for stronger protection for shop workers in the face of rising attacks.
Greater Manchester Police has been contacted for comment.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police are appealing for more information after an assault in Rochdale
- 2Rochdale singer-songwriter named as one of the UK's "top fierce female artists" in contest to...
- 3Littleborough childminder rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted for fourth consecutive time
- 4Petrol station locals claim is already plagued by late-night rows, abuse and vandalism to sell...
- 5Man believed to be from Rochdale pleads not guilty to murder of a man in Lancaster