Whitworth man convicted of child sex offences
Date published: 20 August 2019
A Whitworth man has been convicted of making indecent photographs of a child.
Michael William Barker, 55, was sentenced at Minshull Street Crown Court on 24 July 2019, after being charged with three counts of making an indecent photograph or pseudo-photograph of a child.
Barker was sentenced to a total of 10 months’ imprisonment, suspended for 18 months. He received concurrent sentences of 10 months, six months and four months for the three charges.
Barker must complete 200 hours’ unpaid work and 30 days of rehabilitation.
He was ordered to sign the Sex Offenders’ Register for 10 years and a Sexual Harm Prevention Order (SHPO) made for 10 years.
*This article was amended on 29 August 2019 to change the age of Mr Barker from 40 to 55.*
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale business delivers global success
- 2Stunning painting of Rochdale will be auctioned off to raise money for Springhill Hospice
- 3Biggest ever apprentice intake joins the council workforce
- 4Traders’ anger as council sounds death knell for centuries old market
- 5National pawnbroker closes without warning