Woman dies following collision - police appeal for witnesses
Date published: 22 August 2019
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Officers are appealing for witnesses after a woman died following a collision in Rochdale.
The collision occurred at 11.50am on Tuesday 6 August 2019 on Milnrow Road between the junctions with Fishwick Street and Wood Street.
A green Iveco Stralis truck was turning off Milnrow Road when it collided with a pedestrian.
The pedestrian, Sheila Duffy, 60, sadly passed away as a result of her injuries on 20 August 2019.
Enquiries are ongoing and police are appealing for witnesses or anyone with any information about the incident to come forward.
Police Sergeant Andrew Page, of GMP’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: “Firstly, my thoughts are with the woman’s family with this devastating news.
“We are doing all we can to support them at this time and our officers are working hard on this investigation to piece together the circumstances surrounding this collision.
“I urge anyone with any information about this collision, no matter how small, to please get in touch.”
Anyone with information should call GMP’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 0161 856 4741 quoting reference number 1387 of 06/08/19, or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Breaking: Flood alert in place in Littleborough
- 2Attack on plans to demolish the Seven Sisters after report warns Rochdale’s housing services are...
- 3Rochdale has one of the lowest disability-free life expectancy rates in the country
- 4Entry fee introduced for Feel Good Festival and plans for new free family event revealed
- 5Zen recognised as one of the UK’s best places to work