Fire at College Bank "no longer under criminal investigation"
Date published: 11 September 2019
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
A fire which killed a man in a College Bank flat is no longer being treated as suspicious.
Shortly after 1am on Monday 9 September 2019, police were contacted by the fire service following a fire in a fifth floor flat at Mardyke on College Bank Way, Rochdale.
The man, aged 57, who was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation, sadly died on Tuesday 10 September.
A joint investigation was launched by police with the fire service to establish the cause of the fire.
Officers can now confirm there are not believed to be any suspicious circumstances.
The criminal investigation has concluded, and a file will be sent to the coroner.
No further action will be taken against two people who were arrested and released on bail.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Channel Four films new series in Norden
- 2Buses ‘cherry picking’ stops and ‘stranding’ passengers
- 3Reel Cinemas reveal plans for Rochdale Riverside development
- 4Businesses fear for jobs as plans to build 250 homes on industrial estate emerge
- 5Bikers turn M60 motorway into giant poppy with Ring of Red ride of Remembrance