Transport suspended to and from Manchester Airport as suspicious package found
Date published: 23 September 2019
UPDATE 10.51am: The majority of road closures that were put in place as enquiries were carried out by officers at Manchester Airport transport interchange have now been lifted and traffic is returning to normality.
A small scene remains in place in the ground floor area of the coach station as officers continue with enquiries.
Trams, trains and buses are currently suspended to and from Manchester Airport after a suspicious package was found at the transport interchange on Monday morning (23 September).
Bomb disposal officers are at Manchester Airport transport interchange to assist Greater Manchester Police with enquiries.
As part of their assessment to ensure the package’s safety, a controlled explosion has taken place at this morning and a man has been detained at the scene.
A cordon is in place at Manchester Airport transport interchange and people are encouraged to follow directions from officers.
The cordon will remain in place as a precautionary measure as enquiries continue.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1CCTV footage released of armed burglary in Middleton
- 2Did you witness an armed robbery in Middleton?
- 3Counting the coronavirus cost - Rochdale Council offers support as households struggle with council...
- 4Borough town centres to be made "safe and welcoming" as lockdown eases
- 5Bamford salon owner inspires college students during lockdown