Little ‘Pink’ Borough returns for fourth year
Date published: 05 October 2019
Last year's winners of the best dressed window, Reuse Littleborough's Michael Bamford and Julie Dunkley, show off their trophy
Little ‘Pink’ Borough has returned once more, painting the town pink with shades of rose, fuchsia and candyfloss-coloured bunting and decorations – all for a good cause.
As part of Cancer Awareness Month, shops and businesses across Littleborough dress their window displays in fetching shades of pink with a trophy available for the best window.
The event was started in 2016 by The Three Amigos Fundraising Group – Andy and Kath O’Donnell, plus their late Yorkshire Terrier, Oscar – for their 10th anniversary in October 2016 to raise funds for Cancer Research UK.
Previous best window displays have been won by Reuse Littleborough, Beauty Boutique and Little Gift Box.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Alternative plans for HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail ‘could save billions’ with new underground...
- 2John Bright: Legacy of Rochdale’s radical social reformer ‘could be ripe for revival’ as debate...
- 3Number of mourners allowed at funerals increases
- 4Volunteers at Hopwood Hall Estate learn the craft of renovating its historic leaded glass windows
- 5Bev Yarwood is named as new president of Rotary Middleton