RSPCA charity shops need volunteers
Date published: 06 October 2019
The Rochdale and district branches of the RSPCA charity shops are in urgent need of volunteers.
All funds raised in the 11 Rochdale and district shops support the Redcross Street animal centre in Rochdale.
The Rochdale animal centre takes in over 600 animals and birds each year. Domestic pets such as cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs, etc. all receive care and veterinary treatment before being rehomed.
The animal centre also acts as a holding centre for wildlife casualties rescued by RSPCA inspectors which, after veterinary assessment, are transferred to the RSPCA’s wildlife centre at Stapeley Grange in Nantwich, or released back into the wild. In the last 12 months, the Rochdale branch has taken in around 400 wildlife casualties.
All stores, excluding Littleborough, desperately need volunteers.
If you can spare a few hours each week, please call into your local shop for more details:
- 856 Manchester Road
- 36 Market Place
- 1 Middleton Gardens
- 12 Old Hall Street
- 84 Dale Street
- 421 & 423 Oldham Road
- 97 Yorkshire Street
- 27 Burnley Road
- 595 Market Street
To find out more about the Rochdale animal centre visit:
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Breaking: Flood alert in place in Littleborough
- 2Attack on plans to demolish the Seven Sisters after report warns Rochdale’s housing services are...
- 3Rochdale has one of the lowest disability-free life expectancy rates in the country
- 4Entry fee introduced for Feel Good Festival and plans for new free family event revealed
- 5Zen recognised as one of the UK’s best places to work