Former Paralympian Anna Jackson visits Hamer Community Primary School
Date published: 09 October 2019
Anna Jackson, the former Paralympian, at Hamer Community Primary School
Former Paralympian, Anna Jackson visited Hamer Community Primary School on 3 October.
Children across the school took part in a sponsored circuit training session before hearing all about Anna's journey and how she came to represent Great Britain at the 2000 Paralympics in Sydney.
Resilience and determination were just some of attributes that Anna discussed during her time at Hamer.
Anna began playing wheelchair basketball in 1997 after retiring from hockey. After playing the sport for just over six months, she was selected for Great Britain in 1998.
Since then, she has won medals at the European Championships and Paralympic World Cups, and been a reserve in the 2004 Athens Paralympics.
Anna is now head coach at Cheshire Phoenix Wheelchair Basketball Club and was named as the UK Coaching Disability Sports Coach of the Year in 2017.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police investigating the rape of 16-year old girl in Wardle
- 2Manager jailed after death of roofer in Rochdale
- 3Trams suspended between Oldham and Rochdale following fatal collision
- 4Renters will be allowed to keep their pets under new government tenancy plans
- 5Bar forced to close after police were hurt in brawl could be shut down for good