Graffiti sprayed on Rochdale Uprising mural
Date published: 11 October 2019
The yellow tag has been daubed across the mural on the wall of the Regal Moon pub
A graffiti tag has been sprayed across one of the murals painted in Rochdale this summer as part of the Rochdale Uprising street art festival.
The yellow tag has been daubed across the mural on the wall of the Regal Moon pub in Rochdale centre, which was part of the first-ever art festival in the town.
A spokesperson for Rochdale Borough Council confirmed the vandalism will be removed as soon as possible.
Rochdale Uprising took place in August, presented by internationally acclaimed street art duo, Nomad Clan in collaboration with Rochdale Council, to breathe life back into unloved and neglected parts of the town through a series of 12 iconic murals, showcasing local and internationally renowned artistic talent.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man taken to hospital with leg injury after collision on Halifax Road
- 2Billy’s big dig kicks off new apartment development
- 3M&S officially starts work on new Rochdale Riverside store
- 4General Election 2019: candidates announced for Rochdale and Heywood & Middleton
- 5Local councillors visit JD Sports distribution centre