Middleton schools take precautionary measures after man threatens nearby medical centre
Date published: 16 October 2019
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Bowlee Park Community Primary School, Middleton
Two Middleton primary schools locked their gates and shutters after reports of a man making threats to a nearby medical centre on Tuesday morning (15 October).
Police were called to Woodside Medical Centre, Wood Street, at around 9am after receiving reports of a man making threats to the centre.
Both Bowlee Park Community Primary School and St Mary’s RC Primary School took precautionary measures to lock the gates and lower the shutters, a spokesperson for Rochdale Borough Council confirmed on behalf of the schools.
A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Police said: “It is believed that these threats were made over the phone and no-one approached the area with a knife.
“Two nearby schools took the decision themselves to lock the doors.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Channel Four films new series in Norden
- 2Buses ‘cherry picking’ stops and ‘stranding’ passengers
- 3Reel Cinemas reveal plans for Rochdale Riverside development
- 4Businesses fear for jobs as plans to build 250 homes on industrial estate emerge
- 5Bikers turn M60 motorway into giant poppy with Ring of Red ride of Remembrance