Work commences on former Milnrow police station
Date published: 23 October 2019
Old Police Station, Milnrow
Work has begun to convert the old county police station in Milnrow into six contemporary two-bedroom apartments.
Planning for the village police station, located on Newhey Road, was secured as part of a joint venture between the developers Priestley Homes and Immedilet in 2018.
The project will include temporary propping, demolition and structural alterations. Following this, new stairways and walls will be fitted throughout, creating six high-specification homes.
Main contractor Priestley Construction is carrying out the £300k conversion, with work estimated to be complete in late 2019.
Rob Pell, head of construction at Priestley Construction, said: “The transformation of this traditional community building into a stunning, modern space will ensure it remains a home for generations to come.
“It is important that the local area benefits not just from new-build homes, but from the renovation of heritage buildings with character, which will help to embrace the community’s long-standing history.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale in Rainbows: same-sex and trans symbols replace green man at pedestrian crossings for...
- 2Operation rescues 101 dogs from suspected illegal breeders
- 3Police have arrested a man following a report of an attempted abduction
- 4350 children in Rochdale will receive little to no presents this Christmas
- 5Friendly faces to boost town centre as rangers introduced