103rd birthday celebrations for Edna
Date published: 23 October 2019
Edna Hughes celebrates her 103rd birthday
Edna Hughes celebrated her 103rd birthday today (Wednesday 23 October 2019) at Ashbourne Nursing Home in Norden.
Born on 23 October 1916, Edna has lived in Rochdale all of her life and worked at Brimrod Mill and Kirkholt post office before retiring.
Paula Wainwright, Activities Co-ordinator at Ashbourne, said: "Edna doesn't have any family that we know of, so we organised a little party today with the residents, staff and some of her old neighbours.
"We had some cake, and balloons and banners were put up.
"She broke her favourite handbag recently, so we got her a new one for her birthday."
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Alternative plans for HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail ‘could save billions’ with new underground...
- 2John Bright: Legacy of Rochdale’s radical social reformer ‘could be ripe for revival’ as debate...
- 3Can you help police find a missing woman from Milnrow?
- 4Local volunteers deliver afternoon tea to 90 residents
- 5Castleton Health and Leisure Centre undergoes refurbishment as it prepares to reopen after lockdown