Angie’s Angels are collecting items for Christmas boxes and hampers
Date published: 09 November 2019
Angie's Angels poster of items needed
For the fourth consecutive year, local charity Angie’s Angels are collecting items for Christmas boxes and hampers for the homeless, vulnerable adults and veterans.
Last year’s appeal was a huge success with 150 Christmas boxes made for the homeless and people in hostels with 30 family and veterans’ hampers given out across the Rochdale Borough.
Items needed this year include: chocolate, biscuits, pot noodles, coffee and tea, hot chocolate, crisps, tinned meals, tinned puddings, tinned meat and fish, socks, scarves, gloves, toiletries, sweets and costume jewellery.
Angie's Angels was started by Angie Howarth and Diane Nattress in 2016, joined by Laurence Howarth and Claire Buckley.
Angie said: "People can phone us, or get in touch via social media and we will give addresses of drop off points."
The voluntary group helps homeless members of the community as well as veterans to ease the transition into permanent housing by providing furniture and household items.
Contact: Angie’s Angels on 07453 015 169.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man taken to hospital with leg injury after collision on Halifax Road
- 2Billy’s big dig kicks off new apartment development
- 3M&S officially starts work on new Rochdale Riverside store
- 4General Election 2019: candidates announced for Rochdale and Heywood & Middleton
- 5Local councillors visit JD Sports distribution centre