Amber warning for rain
Date published: 07 November 2019
An amber warning for rain is in place across the Rochdale borough for Thursday and Friday (7 and 8 November).
Persistent, heavy rain will affect the area during Thursday and much of Thursday night, before slowly dying out on Friday morning.
40 to 60 mm is likely to fall quite widely, with 80 to 100 mm possible over high ground.
What to expect
- Homes and businesses are likely to be flooded, causing damage to some buildings
- Fast flowing or deep floodwater is likely, causing danger to life
- Delays and some cancellations to train and bus services are likely
- Spray and flooding probably leading to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- A good chance some communities cut off by flooded roads
- Power cuts and loss of other services to some homes and businesses likely
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Regional rate of Covid-19 infection and hospital admissions fall in a week
- 2Singer Ashanti has hair styled by award-winning Rochdale hair stylist
- 3Government to offer 50% off eating out, up to value of £10 per person
- 4Roadworks, temporary local road closures and restrictions
- 5Rochdale community pulls together to help NHS staff and patients during Covid-19