Manchester-Leeds train line blocked at Walsden
Date published: 07 November 2019
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Flooding at Walsden Railway Station (pictured) is affecting local trains
UPDATE (2pm Thursday 7 November)
Flooding at Walsden has blocked the line between Manchester Victoria and Leeds. Trains are running between Leeds and Hebden Bridge, with rail replacement buses from Hebden Bridge to Rochdale.
Flooding at Walsden is causing delays and cancellations to rail services between Manchester Victoria and Leeds this afternoon (Thursday 7 November).
A number of trains running through the Rochdale borough have been affected by this, with many having been cancelled or running late.
With heavy rain forecast for the rest of the day, Northern customers are advised to allow extra time for travel and to check ahead.
Customers are advised to listen for announcements and check information screens for updates where possible for your service today.
For up-to-the-minute train running information please check National Rail Enquiries.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale in Rainbows: same-sex and trans symbols replace green man at pedestrian crossings for...
- 2Operation rescues 101 dogs from suspected illegal breeders
- 3Police have arrested a man following a report of an attempted abduction
- 4Friendly faces to boost town centre as rangers introduced
- 5350 children in Rochdale will receive little to no presents this Christmas