Flooding: public transport updates
Date published: 07 November 2019
Photo: Greg Couzens
The River Roch, Rochdale town centre, 4.15pm Thursday 7 November 2019 - Greg Couzens
With Thursday’s (7 November) heavy rain and flood risk, Rochdale Online has checked the local public transport for an update.
Here’s what we know as of 4.30pm Thursday:
Flooding has closed the lines between Hebden Bridge and Manchester Victoria so there are no trains in the Rochdale borough.
The Rochdale Metrolink line is still running.
Updates can be checked here:
A number of Rosso bus services have been delayed due to localised flooding.
The bus operator has tweeted: “Due to localised flooding across the Greater Manchester area we are seeing delays to our services at the minute. Standing water is causing slow moving traffic. Our drivers are trying to keep to time as well as ensuring passenger safety is maintained.
“We apologise for this.”
Rochdale Online has asked for the services affected.
First buses are also experiencing delays to services across Greater Manchester.
Bus updates are likely to be posted on the operator’s social media, which you can view here:
- Rosso: twitter.com/Rossobus
- First: twitter.com/FirstManchester
- Go North West: twitter.com/gnwbus
- Diamond: twitter.com/DiamondBusNW
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man taken to hospital with leg injury after collision on Halifax Road
- 2Billy’s big dig kicks off new apartment development
- 3M&S officially starts work on new Rochdale Riverside store
- 4General Election 2019: candidates announced for Rochdale and Heywood & Middleton
- 5Local councillors visit JD Sports distribution centre